The Samsung Galaxy S22 may not look a lot different from its predecessor, but there’s a lot to sink your teeth into. From an updated software experience to improved optics and internal hardware, there are plenty of things to go through. The real question, however, is where should you begin? The Galaxy S22 offers a pretty good experience right out of the box, but here are 10 tweaks you can make to your shiny new phone and get the most out of it.
Navigate this article:
Customize the quick settings panel
Customizing the quick settings panel pays huge dividends to make your experience better. Being able to swipe down from the home screen or an app to quickly get actionable toggles helps you get things done quicker. You can add a lot of tools to the quick settings panel, however, only the first six quick settings toggles are shown in the compact view across the top when you swipe down from your home screen.
I recommend customizing this top row to add only the ones that you see yourself using more frequently. Here’s how to do that:
- Swipe down twice from the home screen to reveal the quick settings menu.
- Now, swipe left to reveal more toggles and a “+” icon that lets you add or customize the layout of these options.
- Tap and hold the existing toggles to rearrange them. Alternatively, you can also tap and hold the icons on the top to drag and drop them below to be added to the main quick settings panel.
One of the new features of the Galaxy S22 series is the addition of the new Smart Widgets. This particular feature essentially lets you stack widgets, allowing you to glance over more than one of your favorite apps while taking less space on your home screen. To add a smart widget:
- Tap and hold on your home screen and select widgets.
- Now select Smart Widgets from the widget selection menu and choose one of the available options.
- Once added, you can tap and hold the widget to see …….